If you’ve been through it, you know divorce is hard. You are experiencing a lot of life changes in a little amount of time. Your goals and priorities have likely changed too. Many people overlook the importance of their estate planning after divorce, but it’s a critical time to revisit your documents.
What You Need To Know About Estate Planning After Divorce
On this #WebinarWednesday replay, Attorney Bob Mannor explores how updating your estate planning after divorce is one of the best decisions you can make to move forward with peace of mind. Whether you already have an estate plan, or you’re just now considering how important it is to have, you are bound to learn something new.
Important Considerations About Divorce & Legal Planning
On this #WebinarWednesday replay, Bob will discuss the often overlooked ways having a legal plan can bring you peace of mind, even after a divorce. Watch this presentation to answer questions like:
- Could your life insurance benefits left for your children fall into the hands of your ex-spouse?
- What happens to Power of Attorney & Healthcare Advocate documents?
- Do divorce documents “undo” your Will?
- Can you list custody requests in your Will if the other parent is still alive, but unfit?
- What about your accounts and investments?
- How does a prenuptial agreement work with estate planning after divorce?
Are You Divorced? What Should You Do?
If you are going through or have been through a divorce, it is important you meet with an Estate Planning or Elder Law Attorney in addition to your family law attorney. If you are in Michigan, Mannor Law Group is here to assist. We help divorced and married people plan for and protect their future – their savings, their healthcare decisions, and their loved ones. If you’d like to learn more, contact us today.