Elder Law Legal Services in Michigan
Nationally Board-Certified Attorney Serving Flint, Grand Blanc, Rochester Hills, and the Surrounding Areas
Seniors are more likely to require substantial and expensive medical care. If they have not already done so, they will also need to consider what will happen to their estate once they are gone. Effectively addressing these realities can be challenging for many families, but an experienced elder law attorney can help.
Our Grand Blanc elder law legal services at Mannor Law Group, PLLC can assist your loved ones in getting the resources and support that they need as they grow older. Our team has experience assisting families in navigating numerous delicate scenarios that can arise when an elderly loved one begins to lose independence and requires direct assistance and care. We understand that there can be disagreements over how best to handle an elderly family member’s affairs and can assist in mediating and finding resolutions to these conflicts.
Protecting Your Elderly Loved One’s Health
Everyone wants the best possible care for their loved ones. Healthcare costs are often exorbitant in the United States, but costs stemming from nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and in-home care assistance can be especially unaffordable. Many families assume they cannot afford long-term care facilities. Those that fail to plan appropriately can lose their entire life savings to medical expenses.
Proactive (or even crisis) planning can help avoid situations where a loved one is struggling to take care of themselves, forcing their family to seek emergency authority to manage their affairs in what can be a costly and stressful legal process.
Our Grand Blanc elder law legal services can protect your loved one’s health through:
- Medicaid Planning. Michigan’s Medicaid program provides monetary benefits to cover certain medical expenses, including nursing home expenses, for qualifying seniors. Medicaid beneficiaries must abide by strict regulations that can be difficult to meet without the help of our experienced team. Whether you are proactively planning or need immediate Medicaid assistance, our team can develop a strategy that will assist you in accessing the benefits that you need while safeguarding assets that would otherwise disqualify you.
- Long-Term Care Planning. Our firm draws upon a large network of connections and resources that can assist your family in covering these expenses. Including our Care Now Program that guides families step-by-step through the transition to long term care.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Guidance. When an elderly loved one is unable to reliably make decisions for themselves and has failed to plan ahead, a probate court can appoint a guardian and/or conservator to act on their behalf. Guardians manage the loved one’s health and day-to-day affairs, while conservators manage their financial affairs and other assets. Pursuing a guardianship or conservatorship is often a cause of conflict amongst family members that disagree over what is best for their loved one. We can help you navigate this difficult process and get your loved ones the support that they need.
- Medical and Financial Powers of Attorney. A Medical Power of Attorney authorizes healthcare decisions to be made on your behalf when you are unable to make the decisions for yourself. A Financial Power of Attorney allows you to assign someone to act on your behalf in your financial matters.
- Elder Abuse Support. Seniors can be at heightened risk of neglect, abuse, and financial exploitation from a caretaker, nursing home, or even another family member. We can assist you in exploring legal options if you believe your elderly loved one is suffering from any type of abuse.
Protecting Your Elderly Loved One’s Estate
Many spend their whole lives amassing savings and assets that they wish to pass on to those closest to them. However, without proper planning, an estate can be partially lost to taxes, probate, bureaucratic inefficiency and long term care costs. We can leverage our knowledge of elder law and estate planning to ensure your loved one’s final wishes are protected.
Our Grand Blanc elder law legal services that can work to protect your loved one’s legacy include:
- Estate Planning. We can help you decide what will happen to your property and who will be responsible for settling your estate through the building of a robust estate plan. Estate planning can also enable you to prepare for emergency health scenarios and end-of-life care.
- Trust Administration. Trusts require constant, ongoing maintenance and management in order to maximize asset value and remain in compliance with federal and state tax laws. We can administer all elements of your trust and execute your final wishes, including the settling of your estate and distribution of assets, upon your passing.
- Probate Assistance. Settling an estate through Michigan’s probate system can be overwhelming and exhausting, especially if you have little to no experience in navigating the process. If you have been named as the executor or personal representative of your loved one’s estate, we can assist you in efficiently and effectively managing the probate process.
Contact Our Elder Lawyers in Grand Blanc
Plan ahead for your loved ones' future with the compassionate guidance of our experienced elder law attorneys in Grand Blanc. From estate planning to long-term care and guardianship matters, we specialize in various areas of elder law. Don't face the complexities of elder law on your own. Reach out to our dedicated attorneys in Grand Blanc today for a consultation and discover the reassurance that comes with expert legal support. Safeguard your family's well-being and ensure their protection. Schedule a consultation with our trusted elder law team now.
Our team at Mannor Law Group, PLLC is prepared to do everything possible to protect you and your family. Call (810) 645-8426 or contact us online today to discuss your situation with us. Serving Grand Blanc, Flint, Rochester Hills and all of Mid-Michigan.
Comprehensive, Holistic Approach to Planning Through Personal Care, Support, and Education
Nationally Board Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation
Specialized Workshops Offered Throughout the Year to Support You and Your Family