Attorney Bob Mannor is a nationally respected Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Veteran Benefits Planning Attorney. He is one of only nineteen attorneys in the state of Michigan to be nationally Board Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation. Bob is an Accredited Attorney through the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of General Counsel.
Bob is Chair of the State Bar of Michigan Elder and Disability Rights Section. An active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Bob served as the Past President of the Michigan chapter. Bob is a frequent speaker and author on senior legal issues, providing Continuing Education Credits to lawyers, social workers, nursing home administrators, doctors and nurses.
Bob is a graduate of the University of Michigan with a degree in Business Administration and Economics and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Dayton School of Law. Bob is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, Genesee County Bar Association and is admitted to the U.S. District Federal Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA), by the National Elder Law Foundation – National Board Certification and the only elder law certification recognized by the American Bar Association. (2013 to Present)
- Accredited Attorney, Accredited by Department of Veteran Affairs Office of General Counsel. (2007 to Present)
- Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP), through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. (2021 to Present)
- Chair Elect: State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Disability Rights Section
- Past President: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Michigan Chapter
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education (2018) Planning for a Veterans Administration Improved Pension
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, (2017) Maintaining Effective Relationships with Elder Law Clients
- Michigan Bar Journal, (November 2014), “Holistic Medicaid Planning”
- 2021 National Business Institute: Michigan Medicaid Asset Planning: A Practical Toolkit
- 2019 State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Disability Rights Section Spring Conference. Government Benefits Update, Plymouth, MI.
- 2019 Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Medicaid Workshop: Navigating MI Choice Waiver and Beyond, Plymouth MI.
- 2018 Probate & Estate Planning Institute (58th Annual): Handling Qualified Retirement Accounts and Non-Qualified Plans in the Medicaid Context, Traverse City, MI
- 2018 Atticus National Solo and Small Law Firm Summit: How to Build an Elder Law Bootcamp, Orlando FL
- 2018 Elder Law Institute (4th Annual) Best Office Practices, Plymouth, MI
- 2018 State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Disability Rights Section Spring Conference. Government Benefits Update, Plymouth, MI.
- 2017 Elder Law Institute (3rd Annual) The Intersection of Veterans’ Benefits and Other Programs, Plymouth, MI
- 2016 WealthCounsel and ElderCounsel Symposium, Estate and Elder Law Practice Panel, Washington DC
- 2016 State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Disability Rights Section Fall Conference. Veteran Benefits 101, Crystal Mountain, MI.
- 2016 Elder Law Institute 2nd Annual Everyday Elder Law Ethics, Plymouth, MI
- 2016 Elder Law Institute 2nd Annual Veterans’ Benefits and Claims: A Practical Approach, Plymouth, MI
- 2015 Elder Law Institute (1st Annual): Maneuvering Between VA Benefits and Medicaid, Plymouth, MI
- 2013 Institute for Continuing Legal Education Veterans Benefits and the Claims Administration Process, Ann Arbor MI
- 2012 University of Michigan Family Business Center. Business Succession Planning, Grand Blanc, MI
Honors / Awards
- Atticus Practice Management Game Changer Award, 2018
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Chapter Member of the Year 2017
Memberships / Affiliations
- Leading Lawyers, Advisory Board Member 2021
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s Committee
- Lawyers With Purpose
- Life Care Planning Law Firm Association