Our Service Areas
Our team is equipped to handle crisis scenarios and assist families with proactive planning. We are familiar with a wide range of strategies that can protect your future and will help you understand your legal options, no matter how complex your case may seem.
Our attorneys can assist your family with:
- Estate Planning. Estate planning helps people of all ages and walks of life protect themselves, their futures, and their families. A robust estate plan can help you minimize the impact of probate and maximize the legacy that you leave for your loved ones. We can help you establish wills, trusts, advanced healthcare directives, medical and financial powers of attorney, and more.
- Elder Law. Our legal needs change as we grow older, and our elder law practice focuses on ensuring your loved ones get the care and support that they need. Attorney Bob Mannor is nationally board certified in elder law and can assist you in navigating conservatorships, guardianships, Medicaid planning, long-term care planning, estate planning, and situations involving elder abuse or nursing home abuse.
- Medicaid Planning. Michigan’s Medicaid program provides crucial monetary benefits for certain healthcare costs, including short-term nursing home stays that Medicare does not cover. Qualifying requires meeting strict requirements that, without experienced legal advice, preclude many seniors that have worked hard to build substantial life savings. Our team can help you explore numerous strategies that can help your loved ones become eligible without jeopardizing their hard-earned assets. We can also assist in crisis scenarios where your loved one needs immediate Medicaid support.
- Long-Term Care. Long-term care is often prohibitively expensive for most families, and many, without experience legal advice, are forced to exhaust their life savings to pay the exorbitant rates. Medicare will only cover several months of long-term care, so if your loved one requires nursing home care, assisted living support, or in-home care assistance, you will need to explore alternate options including Medicaid and Veteran’s benefits. Our team can help your loved one identify means of accessing the care that they need.
- Special Needs Planning. Loved ones living with special needs often require a great deal of expensive, ongoing care. Our team can help your loved one preserve their Social Security benefits, Medicaid, and other essential government benefits through the use of special needs trusts.
- Probate. When someone passes away, their estate may need to be settled with a Michigan probate court. The decedent will either name an executor in their will or a court will appoint a personal representative to manage this process. The personal representative will need to locate the last will and testament, inventory and appraise assets, pay debts to creditors, distribute bequeathals, and provide a full accounting of the decedent’s estate. These immense responsibilities can quickly overwhelm family members unfamiliar with probate, but our team can guide them every step of the way.
- Trust Administration. Trusts can be leveraged to avoid probate, keep estate affairs private, shield assets from tax liability, and protect your heir’s inheritance. They also provide a great deal of flexibility and customization in how assets are distributed to beneficiaries. Trusts require regular maintenance and management, and they must be appropriately administered following the death of the trustor. Our team can guide trust administrators as well as advise anyone who has been asked to administer a trust.
- Veterans Benefits. Many veterans of the United States Armed Forces and their families are not aware of benefits programs designed to support them, including the Aid and Attendance Pension Program. Many initial applications are denied even if veterans meet the eligibility requirements. We can also assist you in accessing the support that you deserve through the appeals process.
We help families throughout Michigan. Contact us online or call (810) 645-8426 to discuss your situation with us. Serving Grand Blanc, Flint, Rochester Hills and all of Mid-Michigan.