Did you know giving your money away can cost you? It’s true. Many well-intentioned people make critical asset protection mistakes while trying to do the right thing. Many governmental benefit programs like Medicaid and Veteran’s benefits will involve an in-depth look at what you own and how it is titled. As one of Michigan’s only 19 Elder Law Attorney’s, this is a subject Bob Mannor knows all too well.
Asset Protection Mistakes To Avoid
On this webinar replay, Attorney Bob Mannor shares the most critical asset protection mistakes he’s seen and what those mistakes could mean for you or your loved ones. Watch this webinar to learn more about these important, but common blunders:
- Giving Away or Hiding Money
- Adding the kids’ names to deeds or accounts
- Putting all assets in the “healthy” spouses name
- Spending Down Assets to qualify for Medicaid
- Thinking “Medicaid” means “bad care” (tip: it doesn’t!)
- Believing a Revocable Trust will protect your assets from Medicaid
Are you or a loved one facing long-term care decisions and wondering how to possibly afford the nursing home payments? If you don’t want to spend your life savings on long-term care, it’s important to contact an Elder Law & Estate Planning Attorney near you. If you are in Michigan, contact Mannor Law Group today.