Helping Protect Your Estate Assets and Avoid Unintended Consequences
Now more than ever, it is vital to have a plan in place that will protect your assets, provide for your family, and spare them the burden of unnecessary taxes, expenses, and delays. It is important to focus your time and effort both on the preservation and distribution of your assets. This will allow you to accomplish your personal and family goals.
In this Webinar Wednesday replay, Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney Bob Mannor will focus on sound estate planning strategies that could help preserve more of your wealth for your heirs and charitable causes.
Watch this webinar replay and learn about:
- How to control who gets what, when and how
- How to avoid probate
- How to calculate the value of your estate
- Intestacy and how it affects estate distribution
- The difference between a revocable or irrevocable trust
- The importance of having a trust and life insurance policy if you’re from a blended family
- Strategies that could help reduce taxes
- How to finalize your last wishes
- Step up in basis rules on inherited assets versus carryover basis rules on gifts
- How to NOT disinherit your children and grandchildren because of divorce or other triggering events
Don’t Have An Estate Plan?
If you haven’t created an estate plan, it’s easier now than ever to get started. Contact us today.