Change is a part of life. People get divorced and remarried. Children and grandchildren are born. Physical and financial needs evolve over time. In addition, laws governing taxes and inheritances change constantly.
Your estate plan must be updated to take changes like these and many others into account. This is why we have created our Annual Support Program. It is part of our overall goal to provide you with the most effective estate planning possible and serve as your counselors for life.
We hope you choose to participate in our Annual Support Program. It is a cost-effective way to ensure your plan remains up-to-date and capable of achieving your goals.
The Annual Support Program provides you with all of the following:
YEARLY ONE-ON-ONE MEETING WITH AN ATTORNEY
- Annual trust review to update for changes in the law, changes in health, changes in family, and changes in assets
ON- GOING ACCESS AND LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING THE PLAN WE CREATED
- Reasonable phone calls (regarding the plan) by you, your helpers, or your professional advisors to anyone in our office (including attorneys) at no charge
- On-going guidance with titling new assets to the trust you acquired during the year
- Amendments to your estate planning documents throughout the year (as long as you are not making fundamental changes to the trust – for example going from a regular “little red wagon” trust to a “lock-box” trust)
- Attendance and video of annual client meeting aimed at keeping your documents current and capable of addressing changes in the law
- Administration assistance to your disability panel to document their determination of your disability and to ensure your Successor Trustee is appointed
- Preparation of necessary legal documents (Certificate of Trust) when you sell or purchase real estate
EDUCATION AND SUPPORT FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
- Specialized workshops offered throughout the year
- Meeting with your family or helpers upon your disability to explain the plan you created and outline the assistance available in maintaining or settling your plan
AFTER DEATH ASSISTANCE FOR YOUR FAMILY
- Meeting with your Executor upon your death to explain the plan and provide advice regarding the necessary steps to implement the plan
- After Death – Estate Settlement Fee Guarantee*
If there has been a dramatic change in your family, health or financial situation, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss it in person.
*To be eligible for your settlement fee guarantee, you or your financial professional must provide us written confirmation that the titling of your assets to the trust has been completed in accordance with the plan. Any subsequent re-titling of the assets outside the trust by you after verification will void your guarantee as to any fees incurred in handling those assets.
Download our Annual Support Planning Brochure