The 2018 Elder Advocacy and Law Boot Camp is a unique opportunity to learn solutions to critical matters facing our elders.
5 Continuing Education Credits has been applied for licensed Social Workers and Nursing Home Administrators.
Join us this year to learn how to answer tough questions about:
- How to avoid the “In The Red” Bed- getting every bed paid for with Medicaid or Veteran Benefits
- Expert Guidance on MI Choice Waiver
Special Guest speaker: Elizabeth A. Gallagher, Manager of the Home and Community Based Services Section, Long Term Care Services Division of the Bureau of Medicaid Policy and Health System Innovation for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Minimizing readmissions: 5-Star Discharge Planning
- POAs/ Guardianship/ Conservatorship: When to act, who should get legal authority, and how to get it.
- Hot topics in Elder Law: Preparing for Medicare/Medicaid changes under the Trump Administration
- (Auburn Hills Location) The ABC’s of Integrating Housing & Wellness – affordable housing options and the resources to know when it’s needed and how to find it.
Special Guest speaker: Tina Abbate Marzolf with American House The Village
- (Grand Blanc Location) Medicaid Requirements for Prepaid Funerals
Special Guest speaker: Adam Martin, President and Owner of Martin Funeral, Cremation, & Tribute Services
We are going green! All presentations will be emailed to attendees before the event for ease of use on electronic devices or for personal printing preferences. If the attendee would like us to print the presentations for them, there will be a $15.00 charge added to registration.
Friday, April 20, 2018 – 7:30am to 3:30pm
Marriott Auburn Hills Campus
3600 Centerpoint Parkway
Pontiac, MI 48341-3164
Thursday, May 3, 2018 – 7:30am to 3:30pm
Genesys Conference and Banquet Center
805 Health Park Blvd
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Genesee Platinum Sponsor
Martin Funeral Home, Cremation & Tribute Services
They are located in Grand Blanc, Mt. Morris, Vassar, and Fairgrove
Oakland Platinum Sponsor
The American House Rochester Communities
3741 S. Adams Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
– Regent Street of West Bloomfield
– Lockwood of Burton, Fenton, and Waterford